I'm back!

So I really do have an excuse for the delay in giving you a blog post.....I guess most people by now have heard that I have been a contestant in this years Great British Sewing Bee which started airing a few weeks ago on BBC2.

So that is one reason my blog posts have been a little slow, the other was the fact we lost Broadband connection for nearly 2 weeks! Although in a way it was quite nice, after the first couple of days pacing around the house. In fact having a nearly non-existent 'social media' connection meant I could get on with some sewing without much interruption. I guess there was a time, before the Internet and mobile phones, where we were all very much more productive?

Well I am back and can dedicate a bit more time to the blog and start getting some tutorials back for you all.

I completed another make for the Minerva Crafts Bloggers Network and you can read all about it here.



My guest blog post for Britex Fabrics went live and you can read the full story here. I still can't believe I was asked to write a guest post for them. I just hope I get the opportunity to visit their amazing store in San Francisco one day soon.



Now you may remember a little while ago Janine (@ooobop) and I set up the #Blazerof2016 challenge.


Well we are nearly at the end of the challenge and so far we've seen some amazing blazers made. I hope I will be able to collate all the makes together and share them with you all. So if you are taking part or know someone who is, please do share your photos for all to see. After chatting to people we have decided to extend the deadline....so if you haven't yet finished don't worry. Keep going and share your photos with us.

I finished the wedding dress I have been making for my friend Gemma and her big day is fast approaching so I will post a some photos of the dress after the big day. As we have been invited to the wedding I thought I would make a new shirt. It will be made from this lovely mid grey Rose & Hubble cotton.



Right I better go and finish it!

Until next time....Happy Sewing!







Labels: , , , ,