2015 nearly over. Last bit of sewing before Christmas

I thought I would post a quick blog update before the festive season gets into full swing this week. With only 2 days to go before Christmas I am sure you have all been busy getting ready? I know we have. Making the odd present or two and getting things in order but I've still been sewing, although a little less than normal and wanted to share the following makes before we get swept up in the festivities.

So a Love Sewing magazine pattern, (from Simple Sew) in this months magazine caught my eye. (can you believe they are on issue 21 already!?)




A simple notch collar jacket. Nothing fancy but as I had some wool blend, spare in my stash, I made a version. I skipped the pockets to keep the clean lines.





Now at the same time I made a dress to go with the jacket (layering is the fashion you know!). Again from Love Sewing but a pattern from way back to issue 4. The Alexa midi dress.




Again a nice simple make and together I think they make a nice combination?




Now this will be our son, Harry's, first Christmas so I had to make him something for the big day. A quick rummage turned up some seasonal fabric (although I have no idea where it came from) and made a little waistcoat and bow tie set.




A few days later we went for our daily walk and I still cannot believe how warm it is here in the UK. It is supposed to be winter! It was too warm for a coat but cool enough to want something else. Easy Lu and I popped on our Gilets/Body warmers but poor Harry doesn't have one. Well he does now!




Nice warm corduroy with warm lining. Now lets hope the weather continues.

So that's it for now as I can smell the mince pies cooking. So until next time.......





Jamie

Labels: , , , , , ,