Half way through 2015...MDS Happy HalfaYearsary!

So we are over half way in 2015 and back at the start of the year I decided it was time to start Blogging about my sewing. So I created Male Devon Sewing to do just that. The Blog was really intended as a way for me to keep a record of what I have been sewing and the things I have made, to be honest I really thought I would post a few times, get bored and forget the Blog. Well I din't get bored and have kept on Blogging, so....

 'Happy HalfaYearsary' to MDS!





The thing is that MDS has become a bit more than just a record of my work. I have people (yes real people!) following my blog, commenting on my posts and actually asking for advice/tips. Wow! This is something I didn't think would ever happen. The numbers are amazing too! I am averaging around 1700 page views a month which is staggering. I have people from all over the World viewing MDS (I don't even know where some of the countries are!)

So what have been the highlights so far this year? 



My Step-by-step Shirt tutorial was fun to do and gets several hundreds of views each week. Although It took a long time to photograph and write up it has been so good to see how popular it is and has even been mentioned in other peoples sewing blogs such as Lesley Kings.

It does make you feel good, knowing that something you have posted is liked and useful.





The wool coat I made based on my own design was great fun and really challenged my way of thinking about such a garment and using a pattern. The coat has certainly been well worn here in the UK.

Luckily summer is here now so my Linen jacket has proven to be a great piece of clothing.






Being commissioned to make 3 shirts for a wedding was also lovely. The groom and his two sons looked fantastic in the fine Liberty print.





So MDS seems to be going from strength-to-strength and I am really enjoying blogging, sewing and making connections. The next 6 months........Well I have more commissions, including a fantastic Wedding dress, my radical 'Tweedarees' idea and I'm sure I shall make some more shirts, jackets, coats..........
I am also now offering Sewing classes locally for beginners to the advanced sewer and I will certainly let you all know how they go.

All that is left to say is thank you to everyone who follows and reads MDS and I look forward to the next 6 months.

Happy sewing!



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,