Tiny clothes time

So having, as usual, plenty of fabric left from my previous make, I thought it was time to make something for our, now 1 month old, son Harry. Being denim it had to be some dungarees and here is the finished item.



I made up a pattern and cut the fabric.


Front and back centre seamed and topstitched.




I was kindly given some denim with embroidered teddy bears so thought that would make a nice patch pocket for the front.




Patch pocket edge-stitched and light denim side details for buttons/poppers 




Linings made up in same way using some bright red stretch lining I had left-over from making my sister-in-law a wiggle dress.






Rear has the shoulder straps attached then lined




Front and back stitched at side seams and jersey poppers on the side seam tops




I added a leg cuff in red stretch 




Finished with 2 buttons for the strap and the same jersey poppers for the leg opening



This was a pretty quick make but I am really happy with the result. Easy pattern shapes and nothing complicated. I hope Harry likes them...

Now to finish my vintage jacket so until next time, happy sewing.





Labels: , , , , , ,