New Year trousers

Well I hope you all had great celebrations to welcome in the New Year last night? Sadly I didn't get out but carried on sewing whilst waiting for Big Ben to strike. The trousers are from the Burda 7046 complete suit pattern. 
About 6 weeks ago I made the sports jacket with some nice wool tweed material and was pleased with the result so thought I would have a go at the trousers. I've only made some elasticated Pyjama bottoms before. I bought some nice dark wool mix fabric and made a start. The pattern is generally easy to follow but as with all Burda patterns that are more advanced, I had to work slow and double check the instructions. So as of last night this is how they look. Zip, pockets (2 front and 1 welt rear) and pleats finished. Later I hope to complete the waistband and belt loops.




Here is a photo of the jacket I made from mentioned pattern.


So fingers crossed I will have a lovely pair of trousers for the start of 2015, well nearly the start!

*EDIT* Well here they are, really happy too. fit nicely and look good. Easy enough to fit waistband and finish off.


Labels: , ,